General Requirements for Liner Plates
- Economy of construction in time, excavation, material, manpower.
- Maximum support per given length with minimum weight of steel.
- Standard variation of plate design for all shapes of tunnels in dry or wet ground.
- Predictable strength, fire resistant.
- Continuous support during the critical mining phase in soft ground tunneling.
- Easy to store, handle and erect, whether the tunnel is straight, curved, circular, elliptical or horseshoe in shape.
- Gasket plates that seal joints, stop water leakage and reduce air loss when water is a problem.